Phyto-purification bathroom is a concept bathroom that features the phyto-purification natural filtering principle, becoming a mini eco-system that can recycle and regenerate the waste water. This purification system includes an organic system that purifies the used water from the washbasin and the shower before re-using. This system will reduce the waste of water as well as let the users save a considerable amount of bills that they are paying for excessive use of water. The phyto-purification is a water recycling process that is most commonly being used in ecological purification systems and can be used even in remote areas where water problem is being considered as one of the vital ones.
During its filtering process, the water goes through different steps :
– The rushes are planted in sand which filters larger particles. The root system of the rushes contain various bacterias which break down these particles for absorption by the plant.
– The reeds are planted next to the rushes as they have the ability to filter the heavy metals from the water.
– The floating water hyacinths draw through their roots some of the water borne particles which are still present in the water.
– The lemnas, which are also aquatic plants, bind to the remaining aquatic micro-organisms to complete the filtering process.
– Finally, a carbon filter stops the remaining micro-particles.
Designer : Jun Yasumoto