Avery Holleman, designed this Smart Switch as a part of his senior thesis in Industrial Design. His goal was to create a system that could be easily installed into an existing home, allowing the user to control and monitor the power through the entire house. This amazing system allows you to save energy and to assign amounts of power to different rooms. The system is consisted of four main parts. The first is consisted of the smart power outlets that can be programmed and controlled, the second are the smart switches that can display power usage and control multiple outlets and lights, the third is a master switch which gives detailed power usage over time and gives control over the whole system and the last but not least is a remote which is used to program the system.
All of this is made simple with a universal icon based touch interface. The system’s technology utilizes power line communication, which makes it easy to connect to the wires already existing in your house. It’s also an energy saver too, due to the e-ink display which uses very little amounts of power.
GIGABay and Ceres G Space Tourism Team is an ambitious proposal from Oscar Vinals, one of our favorite transportation designers that focuses on space tourism subject. We’ve been dreaming of the possibility to enjoy space adventure, becoming a privileged space tourist, now that dream looks like coming true, thanks to many Space Tourism projects which are in development today.
The proposal here consists of a large cargo plane called GIGABay and a spaceship shuttle called “Ceres G”, a compact vehicle built with the latest generation of high tech materials. You can read step by step details on how this system works in Vinals’ own words.
1. The “GIGABay” loads on its special cargo bay, there are 3 Spaceships “Ceres G”, one is at the launch pad and the other 2 subjected in a system similar to an industrial chain production, are located in the ceiling of the cargo bay. After launching the first vehicle “Ceres G”, the system loads another vehicle on the catapult launch, until all three spaceships are launched.
2. The “GIGABay” takes off from any airport, reaches 13,000m of altitude, opens tailgates (remember that the “GIGABay” concept plane is equipped with a special system to control the pressure inside cargo bay)… extends the EMSC System (Electro Magnetic Space Catapult) with a length of almost 50m (extended) of electro magnetic’s rail with an angle of inclination of 20° with the horizontal plane from the fuselage’s “GIGABay”; launches the “Ceres G” when it reaches an ejection speed of about 200km/h.
Designer : Oscar Viñals
3. The vehicle “Ceres G” is ejected about 200km/h, when the air flow “hits” on the back side, thanks to its design is pushed, reaching a speed of more than 600km/h.
4. A few seconds later, the rocket engine is started and the Spaceship “Ceres G” is propelled to an altitude of 115,000m.
5. Space tourists can enjoy few minutes in Zero Gravity … and after, thanks to 11 boosters’ “Ceres G” put the ship in the best path for a safe descent.
6. Thanks to a special designed “Ceres G” fuselage, this descends into a glide flight taking advantage of the airflow, redirecting it when intakes from the ducts over the fuselage and exit from the rear variables exhaust.
7. The “Ceres G” lands on any airport runway and our Space Adventure ends with success.
8. Six Space Adventurers have conquered the Space border; One pilot and five Space Tourists one of those with the privilege of having traveled in the co-driver seat.
The main goal of this concept Space Tourism transportation system is to optimize all resources while allowing more people to afford this space adventure. GigaBay has been designed as an eco-friendly concept airplane, perhaps we can start discussing “Green Space Tourism” in this 21st century.
Tuvie has received “GIGABay and Ceres G Space Tourism Team” project from our ‘Submit A Design‘ feature, where we welcome our readers to submit their design/concept for publication.
Framer digital camera offers an easy way to capture the moment, as easy as placing fingerframes. There are many people still experience frustration when they have to use today’s digital camera, for example the zoom button, it can work too fast or to slow to get the proper composition and focal point. There are times, this button confuses user not knowing if it’s zooming in or out. This lack of usability can ruin your precious moments and valuable memories.
This concept digital camera features simple function and high usability, simply place the camera at the object without confusing which buttons for which functions. It utilizes the way viewfinder works since it’s the oldest method to portray images, imagine your fingerframes become a camera.